I often noticed that lot of riders think to be a Pro rider means to have an easy going life (dream on dreamer!). That´s for shure not true and especially not for BMX Flatland Pro´s. So what does it mean to be a Pro and how does it work?
1. To be the best rider on the planet is an option but not possible for everyone!
2. To win contests is good but don´t think that bigger companies will come to you asking to sponsor you, you always have to promote yourself in a proper way to get good sponsors!
3. Learn to loose!
4. Learn to win!
5. Trying to get everyone to like you is a sign of mediocrity!
6. Really never give up!
7. Build a bussines beside being a Pro to have a good life after your riding carrier!
8. Never sleep ;) and be smart!
I really just see a few rider in Europe out there who i would call Pro´s, like Alex Jumelin., Mathias Dandois or Mike Steingräber. Good night and good luck!